Load/Unload Your U-haul, Moving Truck, POD/Storage Unit or Semi
Here is some helpful information about the UHaul trucks and trailer
– U-Haul trucks are not measured like most trucks. UHaul measures the length of the roof which makes their trucks seem larger. We DO NOT recommend you putting things on the roof.
– U-Haul trucks are divided into two uses. “One-way” which is their better maintained and newer trucks and local which are the really old trucks that may not be able to make a long distance trip.
– Corporate stores are the locations run by U-Haul themselves. They tend to have longer hours and better equipment than other locations
– Dealers, which are the little guys renting UHaul trucks out of convenient stores and old car lots typically get the older, more beat up trucks. Always ask to pick up your truck at a corporate location
– U-Haul sets up legal protections so that each city has its own UHaul rental company. Most believe they did this because U-Haul was being sued so much for accidents caused by their equipment.