Tips to Help Make Your Move Fast, Safe, and Cost-Effective!
- Booking Job Over Phone: Please be as thorough and candid as possible when describing your unique move job. Having accurate job details in advance will help ensure team efficiency. Knowing prior to your move; the residence size, # of stair flights (in & out), large and heavy items, long walkways over 50ft, dismantling and reassembling needs, multiple destinations, and any other pertinent move details is important to us as your moving company. Please feel free to call us anytime after your initial phone booking to further discuss your job details.
- Parking: Arrange for parking for the moving truck at both destinations. Be creative with signs, cones, trash cans, cars, etc to ensure available parking. Busy city streets will usually require a parking permit.
- Packing:Being well packed will make your move faster, safer, and more cost-effective. Here are some packing / moving tips:
- Do not leave any small stuff without packing
- Pack and protect all fragile items
- Use small boxes for books
- Make sure boxes are full and close flat in order to stack
- Leaving the boxes at the front will increase job speed (if desired)
- Label boxes clearly and include the room they belong
- Have a plan for furniture placement
- Dressers, cabinets, etc. should be emptied prior to team arrival
- Small fragile, valuable, and sentimental items can be moved by client (This includes medicine, jewelry, small paintings and glass items, electronics, etc)
- Elevator: Make reservation in advance with your building manager
- Storage: Make storage reservation in advance and be aware of hours of operation
- Children (Pets Too): Please keep safe and clear during move (Very Important)
- Delicate Floors / White Carpets: Have protected before team’s arrival
- Electricity: Disconnect all electronics such as washer, dryer, fridge, etc
- Personal Presence / Cell Phone: Stay present during move & always keep phone handy
Delivery Small Moves